This is The Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation and we are determined in transforming the future of healthcare.
Located on the edge of downtown Tampa, CAMLS is the largest freestanding assessment and teamwork competence center in the world. CAMLS is at the forefront of teaching methods that focus on coordinated teamwork approaches in order to elevate the quality of patient care. Standing at three stories and covering over 90,000 square feet, the CAMLS facility houses a comprehensive menu of medical simulation services for surgeons, clinical teams, and residents through state of the art programs with measureable outcomes. We look to promote the highest standard of healthcare knowledge by blending simulation technology, innovative research, team training, and evidence based practice into our medical training programs.
The essence of CAMLS consists of its core components which are integrated by an assortment of healthcare, education, research, and medical training centers that are established here within the facility. These core components encompass CAMLS’ desire to assess and perfect your technique in your specialty.
- The Surgical & Interventional Training Center (SITC) features cutting edge technology and simulation for surgeons, interventionalists, and residents to refine surgical skills into practice.
- The Education Center (EC) is centered on the idea to promote healthcare education through classrooms and auditoriums with interactive conferencing capabilities.
- The Virtual Patient Care Center (VPCC) aims to improve the clinical skills of health professionals in a variety of simulated and virtual healthcare environments.
- The Tampa Bay Research & Innovation Center (TBRIC) provides a setting for healthcare providers and engineers to conceptualize, develop, and test new medical devices.
- The Center for Advancement of Minimally-Invasive Pelvic Surgery (CAMPS) looks to advance the knowledge and skill-set in Gynecologic surgery through innovative education and training.