Surgical & Interventional Training Center (SITC)
At The Surgical and Intervention Training Center (SITC) at CAMLS, healthcare professionals from around the world hone their skills as individuals and teams. Surgeons, interventionalists, and residents will be able to find everything they need to sharpen existing skills or develop new ones leading to improved confidence and proficiency, fewer medical errors, and a better overall performance in patient care.
Hands on training of any type of surgery takes place in either the 21 station Surgical Skills Lab, in one of two 7 station labs which can be combined into 14 total stations, or in the four station microsurgery lab. Each station is fully equipped with patient-grade anesthetic capabilities, clinical-grade OR tables, high grade instruments, laparoscopic HD towers, and premier OR lighting.
At SITC, our staff also utilizes and model best practices including radiation safety practices and the use of personal protection equipment. This added attention to safety makes the Surgical Skills Lab ideal for learning any procedure from minimally invasive, to open, to robotics.
The SITC features scalable facilities for tissue and animate exercise and is an ACS-Accredited Education Institute
- Surgical Skills Labs
- One 21 station surgical skills lab
- Two 7 station labs, which can be combined into 14 stations
- Each station is fully boomed with complete patientgrade anesthetic, operating, and instrumentation capability for multiple specialties
- All stations are supported by an on-site tissue bank, accredited vivarium, washer and sterilizer
- 11 operating microscopes
- 4 C-arm fluoroscopes
- 64-slice CT scanner
- 4 ultrasound machines, to include endoscopic probes
- Complete operating rooms
- Hybrid catheterization and operating suite
- Trauma operating room
- Ability to change room conditions in sights, sound, and temperature to create different operating environments
- Robotics suite
- Privacy glass
- AV capabilities at 5 master stations
- Complete lab and room AV connectivity
- Two classrooms, seating 36 and 18 (classroom style), and one conference room, seating 10 (board room style)
(l x w x h)
|Classroom 1A||506||37' x 23' x 10'||18||40||12||16|
|Classroom 1B||857||21' x 24' x 10'||36||56||16||20|
|Conference Room||255||12' x 20' x 10'||(10 Fixed - Board Room)|
|Room name||Area (sq ft)||Dimensions (l x w x h)|
|Surgical Skill Lab 1 (21 stations)||2,428||49' x 20' x 11'|
|Surgical Skill Lab 2 (7 stations)*||1,158||32' x 32'x11'|
|Surgical Skill Lab 3 (7 stations)* **||1,037||36' x 32' x 11'|
|Surgical Skill Lab 4 (2 stations)||454||22' x 20' x 10'|
|CT Scan||425||49' x 20' x 11'|
|Hybrid OR||749||30' x 25' x 10'|
|Trauma OR||469||21' x 22' x 10'|
* Can combine for one 14 station surgical skills lab.
** Robotics suite located within Surgical Skills Lab 3.